Client: City of Wanneroo
Construction Period: May 2018 – August 2018
Total Value: $450,000 + GST
Advanteering completed these works for the City of Wanneroo in August 2018 and have made a fantastic Skatepark which will become the central point of a new landscape area for The City and Banksia Grove Land Development.
The project involved bulk earthworks to achieve subgrade level, installation of surface drains and drainage to daylight, construction of insitu concrete skatepark including joints and sealant, as well as feature rock pitching.
The project included:
- Earthworks and site preparation including importation of clean fill to the required levels;
- Construction of the concrete skate park including ledges, ramps, quarter pipes, steel coping installation, bowl construction, rails all completed with various coloured concrete;
- Construction of new drainage including covers in the park area;
- Protection of existing trees and vegetation via the development of tree protection zones and establishment of site fencing;
- Installation of a granite skateable rock feature;
- Liaison with the all key stakeholders to reduce the Project’s impact on the daily operations of the community. This included liaison with the City of Wanneroo’s Landscape Contractor to establish early access and allow the park to open at an earlier date.
The various teams involved in bringing this project to life worked exceptionally well together, and great relationships were formed throughout the process. Practical completion was awarded with no defects reported, and the quality of work was second to none.