Client: City of Swan
Construction Period: February 2018 – April 2018
Total Value: $344,000
This project involved the demolition and reconstruction of 150m of footpath decking and guardrails on Barkers Bridge, Guildford.
The project included:
- Development of a Construction and Environmental Management Plan (CEMP) to the approval of Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions (DBCA);
- Staged method of construction to allow the footpath to be reopened to the public each weekend
- Demolition (class 2) of the existing handrails and decking structure;
- Working at heights over land and water;
- Construction of new fibre reinforced plastic (FRP) and composite timber deck structure;
- Installation of FRP and powder coated aluminium balustrade system; and
- Alteration to the approaching concrete footpaths to blend with new deck level and alignment.
The project was effectively managed without safety or environmental incident. The works were completed 2 weeks ahead of schedule and within budget.