Client: City of Swan
Construction Period: May 2017 – June 2017
Total Value: $270,000
This project involved the re-facing of limestone retaining walls and refurbishment of a 50m footbridge over Charlottes Vineyard dam.
The project included:
- Working with relevant stakeholders with regards to timing of the works;
- Working in a public area with high pedestrian traffic from the nearby school;
- Safety and Environmental management relating to working over water;
- Planning and implementation of traffic management;
- Dewatering of the water from the dam to provide access to the limestone retaining walls;
- Pressure cleaning and rendering of 220m2 of limestone retaining walls;
- Pressure cleaning of the existing steel columns to remove surface contaminants;
- Pile encapsulation of the existing columns using a permanent HDPE sleeve system;
- Removal and disposal of all timber decking, joists and kickrails. All timber products demolished from the boardwalk were provided to the Public or retained for reuse.
- Construction of new decking support system using Fibre Reinforced Plastic (FRP) channels.
- Installation of new composite timber decking system;
- Installation of new kick rails using FRP rectangular hollow sections.