Client:Main Roads WA
Construction Period: Feb – June 2011
Total Value: $470,000 + GST
This project involved the demolition, clearing and construction for a 550m long, 4m wide asphalt and concrete brick paved principal shared path for MRWA adjacent to the railway in Claremont. The works consisted of the following:
- Clearing and mulching of vegetation including trimming branches of a heritage listed tree;
- Removal and relocation of existing carpark and path lighting;
- Box out and excavation works with cut to fill as appropriate;
- Realignment and installation of new rail reserve and other fencing, including provision for temporary fencing to maintain safe working conditions and restricted access to the rail;
- Construction of 550m of basecourse, 480m of asphalt and 70m of brick paving
- Installation of kerbing, pram ramps and median islands;
- Installation of 25No. PSP light poles and luminaries; and
- Miscellaneous works including: linemarking, erection of signs, installation of bollards and construction of retaining walls.
This project was completed on budget and to schedule.