This project involved the redevelopment of the existing Belmont War Memorial located in Faulkner Park, Cloverdale.
The project included:
- Demolition of the existing war memorial podium;
- Protection of the existing monument spire;
- Construction and erection of decorative precast concrete panels including polishing and sand blasted stencil artwork;
- Pouring of insitu concrete retaining walls and application of a suitable sealer;
- Insitu concrete paths including exposed aggregate concrete and terracotta coloured concrete;
- Supply and lay ~130sm of concrete paving units including steps, tactile pavers and cladding of the concrete plinth; and
- Supply and installation of handrails, anti-skateboard devices and flag poles.
The project was completed with a critical timeline to ensure the war memorial ready for the Centenary Anzac Day events scheduled by the City of Belmont. The work was completed on time leaving the Client ample time to prepare the site for the events. The project was effectively managed without environmental or safety incident. All of the works were completed within budget, to the satisfaction of all parties involved.