Client: City of Melville
Construction Period: February 2018 – May 2018
Total Value: $450,000 + GST
This project involved the construction of rock revetments and limestone block retaining walls.
The project included:
- Provision of Construction and Environmental Management Plan (CEMP) to the approval of DBCA;
- Provision of a Temporary Notice to Mariners (TNTM) including liaison with applicable stakeholders (Department of Transport; River ferries etc);
- Complying with Section 18 conditions including engaging Aboriginal monitors;
- Deployment and maintenance of a silt curtain;
- Excavation to lines and levels underwater;
- Placement of geofabric underwater;
- Placement of bedding layer rock under water;
- Placement of armour rock both above and below water to strict tolerances;
- Limestone retaining walls;
- Drainage modifications;
- Liquid Limestone pathways;
- Grouting of rocks;
- Asphalt paths;
- Landscaping; and
- Importing and spreading of 1000m3 of white riversand.
The project was effectively managed without environmental or safety incident. The works were completed ahead of schedule, within budget, to the satisfaction of all parties involved.