Client: LWP Property Group
Construction Period: March – April 2004
Total Value: $430,000 + GST
A four span slimlined reinforced concrete pedestrian footbridge was placed across Gnangara Road, Ellenbrook supported by slender concrete columns ensuring clearance from high and wide loads on this busy transport route to the State’s busling North.
An amazing aspect of the bridge is an unnoticeable removable span constructed from steel which can be wisked away with a crane in the event of an even higher load.
In general the bridge works incorporated the following aspects:
- Reinforced concrete footings and piers with screw piles below one footing to allow maintenance of an adjacent water main below;
- Limestone retaining abutments & concrete approach paths;
- Precast concrete deck beams with an insitu concrete deck;
- A removable composite steel box girder span over Gnangara Rd;
- Balustrading and hand railing; and
- Guard railing adjacent to the road under.