Client: DM Roads
Superintendent: Alastair Cowan
Construction Period: February 2018 – March 2018
Total Value: $315,000
This Project consisted of the replacement and upgrade of approximately 1.3km of existing subsoil drainage on Greenmount Hill. The drainage was installed by excavating a trench (typically ~1m depth), lining with geotextile, installing 150mm diameter HDPE slotted pipe and back filling with filter aggregate.
The project included:
- Safe Excavation of trenches adjacent to a live traffic lane (Great Eastern Highway);
- Lining of trenches with geotextile;
- Installation of 150mm diameter HDPE pipe;
- Back filling with filter aggregate;
- Reinstatement of verges.
- Removal and reinstatement (including upgrades) to three PTA bus stops.
The project was effectively managed without environmental incident. All of the works were completed on time and on budget.