Client:Main Roads WA / Downer Mouchel
Construction Period: Aug 2015 – Feb 2016
Total Value: $3 million + GST
This Project consisted of the construction of 1.38km of Principal Shared Path along the Perth to Midland train line from Johnson Street to Terrace Road in Guildford.
The project included:
- Work in close proximity to a live operating railway. To allow safe working, a temporary general exemption fence was erected along the rail for the length of the job. Rail Safety Working Supervisors were engaged to monitor critical work activities near the rail (e.g. tree removal and retaining wall construction).
- Site clearing and tree removal,
- Removal of existing fences,
- Removal of unsuitable clay material and importing of clean fill,
- Pavement construction including use or geogrid over clay foundation,
- Screw piling,
- Structural steel works for raised structures,
- Bondek permanent formwork and reinforced concrete suspended slabs,
- Natural Earth Block Retaining walls,
- Drainage modifications,
- Installation of ACO kerb drain,
- Sign installation,
- Lighting conduits and pits,
- PTA conduits and pits,
- New kerbing and concrete paths and pram ramps,
- Concrete PTA maintenance access crossovers,
- Stone pitching,
- Earthing and bonding,
- New fencing including 210m of 3m high colorbond fence and 1.4km of rail reserve fencing,
- Tactile indicators.
The project was effectively managed without environmental incident. All of the works were completed on time and on budget.