Client:Main Roads WA / Downer Mouchel
Construction Period: April – July 2013
Total Value: $750,000 + GST
This schedule of rates Project involved the construction of 150m of Principal Shared Path to connect Wellington Street to Market Street alongside the Perth Arena. The works were completed in a tight space between the Perth Arena screen wall and the Wellington Street Freeway off ramp. This made working conditions difficult. Due to proper and effective management using the Advanteering QEST Management System Plan the project was completed without injury or environmental impact.
- Removal and replacement of guardrail;
- Vegetation clearing;
- Significant cut to fill earthworks in the tight confines of the project space;
- Roadworks including subgrade preparation, limestone subbase preparation;
- Hot mix red asphalt seal over;
- Hot mix black asphalt construction of a raised plateau speed hump;
- Ancillary works such as signing, linemarking, anti-graffiti coating, tactile indicating tiles, handrails;
- Construction of a post and panel retaining wall consisting of 200UC sections concreted 3m into the ground and custom made aluminum panels between with waterproofing behind;
- Installation of precast concrete drains; and
- Stabilization of earth bank using limestone rock protection.
This project was completed on budget and one week earlier than the date for Practical Completion.