Client: City of Rockingham
Construction Period: September 2017 – December 2017
Total Value: $360,000
Advanteering completed these works for the City of Rockingham in December 2017 completing a fantastic Skatepark and Youth Space that the City are proud of. The works involved the demolition of the existing skatepark and construction of a new Youth Space including a new Skate Park, shade structure, street furniture, landscaping and basketball court.
The project included:
- Demolition of existing skate park;
- Removal of topsoil;
- Earthworks and site preparation including importation of 1000m3 of clean fill to the required levels;
- Concrete skate park including ledges, ramps, quarter pipes, coping installation, rails all completed with various coloured concrete;
- Landscaping work including irrigated shrub planting and roll on turf;
- Protection of existing trees via the development of tree protection zones;
- Hard Landscape elements such as granite boulders which are multipurpose acting as retaining walls and climbing obstacles;
- Exposed aggregate concrete paving;
- Coloured concrete basketball court with architectural basketball ring.
- Liaising with the neighbouring properties and all key stakeholders to reduce the Project’s impact on the daily operations of the community;
- Construction of new kerbing;
- Construction new concrete footpath;
The project was effectively managed without environmental incident. All of the works were completed on time and on budget.