Client:Main Roads WA / Downer Mouchel
Construction Period: Dec 2013 – April 2014
Total Value: $1 million +GST
This project involved upgrading the existing intersection of Brookton Highway and Holden Road between SLK 6.69 and SLK 7.35. This included:
- Widening the existing embankment to extend an existing left turn lane into Holden Road;
- Provision of a new right turn lane into Holden Road;
- General earthworks including provision of retaining walls;
- New pavement construction to widened intersection, including subgrade preparation and testing, sub-base preparation and testing and base-course preparation and testing;
- Installation of a primer seal to new pavement areas and an overlay of intersection mix asphalt to the entire intersection;
- Provision of new east bound and west bound bus stops; and
- Reinstatement of linemarking and signage as required.
All works were completed under traffic management such that the highway remained open to traffic at all times.