Client: Shire of Collie
Superintendent: WML Steve Woodhouse
Construction Period: August 2019 – September 2019
Total Value: $275,000 + GST
This project involved the construction of a 36.6m long x3.5m wide steel pedestrian bridge over the Motorplex in Collie. The bridge was supported by 2No. 7m high 4.5×3.5m wide stair case towers, one at each end of the bridge. The entire structure was clad in Colorbond Custom Orb sheeting.
The project included:
• Structural steel fabrication including shop drawings.
• Erection of structural steel using cranes, EWP, scissor lifts and telehandler.
• Reinforced concrete footing including hold down bolts.
• Colorbond Custom Orb for roof sheeting and wall cladding and translucent polycarbonate sheeting for skylights.
• Roof ventilators and flashing.
• Balustrading to stairs and landing.
• Anti-slip, H3 treated, polyurethane sealed, marine glued, structural ply for bridge flooring and stair landings.
• Stair nosing’s and tactile indicators.
• Safe working at heights.
The project was effectively managed without safety or environmental incident. All of the works were completed on time and on budget.