Client: Main Roads / DownerMouchel
Construction Period: March – May 2016
Total Value: $270,000 + GST
The project involved the repair and strengthening of the existing concrete culvert structure and installation of rock pitching to both upstream and downstream ends of the culvert.
The project included:
- Diversion of the waterway by building a small dam upstream and using submersible pumps, flat lay hose and PVC pipe to pump the water through the culvert
- The repair and patching of corroded reinforcement and deteriorating concrete of the existing culvert structure
- Strengthening of the original culvert by installing new 250mm thick reinforced concrete slab and walls
- Installation of approximately 75sqm of rock pitching including large ¼ tonne class rocks over geofabric to help prevent erosion
- Application of an epoxy coating to the culvert walls, ceiling and wing walls to help prevent further deterioration of the existing concrete structure and protect the new concrete structure
The project was effectively managed without environmental incident. All of the works were completed on time and on budget.