Client: Shire of Murray
Construction Period: January 2019 – March 2019
Total Value: $480,000 + GST
Advanteering completed these works for the Shire of Murray between January and March of 2019 and have made a world class Skate park that will become the central point of a new youth precinct for the town of Dwellingup. The works involved bulk earthworks to achieve subgrade level, installation of drainage, and the construction of a new skate park.
The project included:
- Earthworks and site preparation including importation of clean fill to the required levels.
- Concrete skate park including ledges, ramps and banks, quarter pipes, steel coping installation, feature granite rocks, rails all completed with various coloured concrete.
- Construction of new drainage including stone pitched outlet.
- Protection of existing trees and vegetation via the development of tree protection zones and establishment of site fencing.
- Installation of a granite skateable rock feature.
- Liaison with all key stakeholders to reduce the project’s impact on the daily operations of the community. This included liaison with the Shire of Murray’s Landscape Contractor to establish early access and allow the precinct to open at an earlier date.
The project was effectively managed without environmental incident. All of the works were completed on time and on budget.