Client:Main Roads WA
Construction Period: Feb-Mar & Dec 2011
Total Value: $400,000 + GST
These works for Main Roads WA were to repair the existing riverwall alongside the Kwinana Freeway in South Perth. The scope of works included:
- Toe protection works along the base of the wall including placement of geotextile and limestone rip rap;
- Cleaning and repairing an existing limestone wall using high strength mortar;
- Traffic management to ensure the dual use path adjacent to the works remained open and also to ensure the safe access to site off the Freeway. Access to site via the freeway was limited to specific off peak times;
- Working hours and times were dependent on the tides and weather conditions;
- Advanteering liaised with the Swan River Trust to ensure management plans including an Acid Sulphate Soils (ASS) management plan were approved;
- Construction of a bund wall to assist with the works by acting as a local breakwater and to reduce turbidity; and
- Development of an environmental management plan to include protection of specific vegetation.
These works were commenced during favourable tides in February and March and were then put on hold until further favourable tide and weather conditions were available in October.