Client: Town of Victoria Park
Superintendent: Kevin Cunningham
Construction Period: June 2019 – December 2019
Total Value: $6 Million
Lathlain Precinct is the part of Lathlain Park bounded by Goddard Street, McCartney Crescent and Roberts Road. Lathlain Precinct Zone is the land bounded by Planet Street, Roberts Road and Bishopsgate Street, commonly referred to as the ex-bowling greens and Tom Wright Park.
Both zones were required to be redeveloped, with the scope of work comprising of:
• Erection of Tree Protection Zones around trees which are to be retained;
• Site clearing, including stripping of topsoil, clearing of trees and minor demolition works;
• Bulk earthworks (cut and fill) to required design levels;
Construction of a new subsurface infrastructure, including but not limited to:
• New bore;
• Electrical services;
• Hydraulic services; and
Construction of a new gatehouse and ablution buildings, asphalt resurfacing and pavement widening works to existing carpark; Construction of new hardscapes, including but not limited to:
• Decorative concrete footpaths;
• Timber boardwalk structures;
• Limestone block and reinforced concrete retaining walls;
• Segmental brick paving footpaths; and
• Sports courts.
Construction of miscellaneous surface treatments, including but not limited to:
• Softfall rubber;
• Softfall mulch;
• Softfall sand;
• Stabilised gravel fines; and
• Rainbow gravel mulch.
Construction of new softscapes, including but not limited to:
• Areas of turf;
• Tree transplanting; and
• Garden beds.
• Installation of new furniture items, including play elements and park furniture.
The project was effectively managed without environmental incident. All of the works were completed on time and on budget.