Construction Period: April – June 2005
Total Value: $265,000 + GST
The Works under this Contract involved the strengthening of Bridge No 685 over the Moore River. The existing structure was a 2-span concrete bridge with a central pier on a spread reinforced concrete footing, and reinforced concrete abutments.
This involved the following:
- Inspection and cleaning of existing prestressing tendon anchorages;
- Repair of existing post-tensioning anchorage recesses;
- Removal and strength testing of concrete cores taken from the existing bridge super-structure;
- Construction of two new intermediate bridge piers (250UC89 steel columns with a 460UB75 steel capbeam);
- Installation of new guard railing;
- Repair of spalled concrete at Abutment No 1 (Moora side);
- Removal of a tree stump and construction of rock protection at Abutment No 1;
- Installation of traffic signs and devices, including bridge width marker signs; and
- Various miscellaneous works, including repair to road surface, and relocation of a gate.