Client: Shire of Northam
Construction Period: November 2018 – April 2019
Total Value: $1,334,724 + GST
Advanteering completed these works for the Shire of Northam in April 2019 completing a fantastic Youth precinct that the town are proud of. The works involved removal and pruning of existing trees; installation of stormwater drainage system including ag drain; cut and fill earthworks and installation of crusher dust base course under concrete areas; hard landscaping including footpaths, basketball court and concrete seating blocks; construction of an insitu concrete skatepark ; furniture including BBQ, ping pong table, bins, water fountains, shade structures and picnic settings; installation of nature playground including swing, flying fox, climbing logs and adventure net, installation of parkour course and soft landscaping including design and installation of reticulation system, garden beds and approximately 1300sqm of turf.
The project included:
- Earthworks and site preparation including importation of clean fill to the required levels.
- Concrete skate park including ledges, ramps and banks, quarter pipes, steel coping installation, feature granite rocks, rails all completed with various coloured concrete.
- Protection of existing trees and vegetation via the development of tree protection zones and establishment of site fencing.
- Installation of new lights.
- Reticulated garden bed and landscaping including turfed areas.
The project was effectively managed without environmental incident. All of the works were completed on time and on budget.