Client: DM Roads
Superintendent: Jon McGee
Construction Period: March 2019 – March 2019
Total Value: $160,000 + GST
Advanteering were engaged on this Contract to install 100m of emergency vehicle access road between the State Tennis Centre and Optus Stadium train station. The works were awarded less than 4 weeks prior to the first round of the AFL season with Practical Completion strictly required to be reached within that timeframe.
The project included:
• Preparation and approval of Quality, Safety, Environmental and Traffic Management Plans;
• Liaising with all relevant stake holders, particularly the State Tennis Centre which maintains and utilizes the work zone area;
• Installation of electrical services to provide power to an automated gate;
• 60m of mass limestone block retaining wall;
• Pavement construction including subgrade and 200mm limestone subbase;
• Extruded concrete kerbs including flush and mountable profiles;
• 30mm thick asphalt wearing course;
• Automated access gate including pin entry pads and GSM unit for remote control access.
The project was effectively managed without environmental incident. All of the works were completed on time and on budget.