Client:Shire of Denmark
Construction Period: March – April 2015
Total Value: $410,000 + GST
This project involved the supply and construction of a steel finger jetty approximately 36m long and 1.3m wide at Peaceful Bay. The works consisted of the following:
- Installation of 8No. 324mm dia x12.7thk CHS steel screwpiles;
- Load testing of piles for compression, tension and lateral capacity;
- Construction and removal of sand bund to allow access for excavator for installation of piles;
- Steel superstructure for 36m long jetty including stairs, stringers, waling, headstock; chafer brackets and struts. This was largely preassembled on shore in modules and erected using a 55T crane;
- Site welding of pile caps and headstocks;
- Paint treatment of all steel work with Interzone 954;
- FRP deck grating and stair treads;
- Recycled plastic chafers;
- Trelleborg rubber D fenders; and
- Wrapping all piles with PCS Marine Guard 2000FD system.
The project was effectively managed without environmental and safety incident. All of the works were completed ahead of schedule and under budget. An alternative piling method was proposed to the Principal which not only offered a cost saving but minimised the risk and potential additional cost of having to drill into rock.