Client: City of Armadale
Construction Period: September 2018 – December 2018
Total Value: $885,000 + GST
Advanteering completed these works for the City Of Armadale in December 2018. The project was to develop a 21,000 m2 vacant lot in Piara Waters, providing the community with a large turfed area, car park, footpaths, picnic shelter, park furniture and natively vegetated garden areas.
The project included:
- Clearing operations including: removal of all vegetation, hydromulch and other deleterious material
- Bulk earthworks, including cut to fill to design levels for oval, garden beds, car park and footpaths.
- Construction of a stormwater drainage system for the new carpark, including connecting into the existing stormwater system on the perimeter of the site. The drainage system included:
- Geofabric wrapped soakwells with trafficable lids;
- Standard manholes;
- Stormtech subsoil chambers; and
- Reinforced concrete pipes connecting all of the abovementioned infrastructure.
- Construction of a 3-course limestone block retaining wall with anti-graffiti coating.
- Subgrade preparation of carpark, including trimming to level and compaction.
- Construction of 200mm thick limestone basecourse for carpark area.
- Construction of 40mm thick asphalt overlay for carpark.
- Installation of electrical infrastructure, including:
- New conduits, cables, light poles and luminaires for the carpark. This was connected to the existing switchboard on site.
- Installation of a new Site Main Switchboard (SMSB), for provision of power supply for future amenities.
- Liaising with Western Power to facilitate the installation of a new uni-pillar, and subsequent connection to the new SMSB.
- Installation of new water meters for amenities supply points, including connecting in to Watercorp infrastructure.
- Construction of new hardscapes, including:
- Exposed aggregate concrete slab for shade shelter area
- Broom finished concrete footpaths adjacent to the carpark and oval.
- Broom finished, decorative “Dessert Red” footpaths around perimeter of site.
- 180Lm of concrete mowing kerb, delineating garden beds and turfed areas.
- Installation of an irrigation system for the oval area and surrounding garden beds.
- Installation of treated pine perimeter bollards, which were site painted black for aesthetic purposes.
- Installation of various types of perimeter fencing.
- Installation of a vehicle access boom gates.
- Soil preparation for turf and plantings (soil conditioner cultivated into topsoil).
- Installation of 17,500m2 of Village Green Kikuyu turf.
- Planting of over 11,600 mixed native shrubs, including watering and fertilising.
- Planting trees ranging from 5L to 100L including: jarrah stakes, rubber ties, watering and fertiliser.
- Mulching all landscaped areas.
- Installation of shade shelter, picnic settings, bench seats, bin enclosure and drinking fountain.
- Maintenance for a 12-week establishment period.
The project was effectively managed without environmental incident. All of the works were completed on time and on budget.