Superintendent: David Wrankmore
Construction Period: June 2019 – July 2019
Total Value: $583,023 + GST
This project involved the replacement of two expansion joints on either end of Stirling Bridge. One Expansion joint involved the replacement of an existing steel finger plate joint with a new steel finger plate joint. The other expansion joint involved installing a new compression joint with an asphalt overlay.
The project included:
• Provision of a Traffic Management Plan to MRWA Specifications and Approval.
• All works were carried out at night due to traffic management restrictions.
• Demolition and removal of existing steel finger plate expansion joint at Northern Abutment.
• Core Drilling to allow for installation of the new Finger Plate bolt assemblies
• Installation of new steel finger plate joints.
• Demolition and removal of existing asphalt and compression seal at Southern Abutment.
• Installation of new expansion joint system including a backing rod and Bostik Seal and Flex.
• Supply and installation of asphalt.
The project was effectively managed without environmental or safety incident. The works were completed ahead of schedule, within budget, to the satisfaction of all parties involved.