Client: City of Rockingham
Construction Period: March 2020 – May 2020
Total Value: $578,000
This project included the installation of a new Boat Ramp and Steel Finger Jetty for the City of Rockingham at Point Peron. The project included installation of piles with appropriate protective coatings, construction of rock revetments and scour protection, two boat ramp lanes, an asphalt approach, associated line markings and a central floating finger jetty.
The project included:
• Provision of a Construction and Environmental Management Plan (CEMP) to the approval of the City of Rockingham;
• Excavation to lines and levels underwater;
• Installation and maintenance of a silt curtain;
• Placement of geofabric underwater;
• Placement of filter rock both above and below water;
• Placement of armour rock both above and below water to strict tolerances;
• Grouting of the scour protection;
• Location and protection of services prior to and during any excavation works;
• Working adjacent to a PSP path and implementing the appropriate traffic management to reduce the risk to cyclist and pedestrians;
• Protection of existing trees on site.
The project was effectively managed without environmental or safety incident. The works were completed ahead of schedule, within budget, to the satisfaction of all parties involved.