Client: DM Roads/MRWA
Superintendent: Russell Sheppard
Construction Period: September 2019 – October 2019
Total Value: $210,000
The works consisted of the installation of reinforced concrete drainage pipe between existing side entrance pits to allow excess water to drain away over the winter months. This involved the removal and reinstatement of kerbing, a crossover and PSP along the length of the works.
The project included:
• Provision of Construction and Environmental Management Plan (CEMP) to the approval of DBCA, Fremantle Ports, City of Fremantle and Main Roads WA;
• Development and implementation of a Traffic management Plan;
• Construction of pedestrian side track detour.
• Liaising with multiple stakeholders including DM Roads, MRWA, Fremantle Ports, City of Fremantle, Fremantle Surf Life Saving Club, Caltex Australia Petroleum PTY LTD
• Installation of drainage pipes and structures.
• Cement stabilised backfill over shallow pipes;
• Road and PSP Pavement construction
• Construction of kerbing and concrete cross-over
• PSP and Road asphalting
• PSP and cross over line marking
The project was effectively managed without environmental or safety incident. The works were completed ahead of schedule, within budget, to the satisfaction of all parties involved.