Client:Town of Bassendean
Construction Period: May – Aug 2012
Total Value: $715,000 + GST
These works involved the construction of a floating jetty for the Town of Bassendean including associated civil infrastructure. This included:
- Demolition of existing rock walls, paths, timber stairways and landings on site;
- Dismantling and removal of an existing timber jetty and walkway;
- Earthworks – trimming of banks and slope stabilization;
- Construction of a 10 x 3m wide floating jetty with 4No. 300dia supporting piles; and
- Construction of associated concrete stairways, landings and pathways including hand railing.
All works were carried out in difficult terrain and in an environmentally sensitive area (the Swan River).