Construction Period: July – October 2005
Total Value: $533,000 + GST
The Works comprised of the upgrade to the busy intersection of Tonkin Highway and Welshpool Road, in the Shire of Kalamunda, as follows:
- Modify auxiliary left turn lanes, corner islands, and pedestrian facilities;
- Widen pavements, including cycle lanes;
- Extend northbound auxiliary left turn lane;
- Extend eastbound auxiliary right turn lane;
- Alter traffic signals position and configuration;
- Modify drainage facilities, and kerbing;
- Modify signs and pavement markings; and
- Install road safety barrier.
This project was completed on budget and to schedule.