Client: City of Wanneroo
Superintendent: Rory Ellyard
Construction Period: April 2020 – June 2020
Total Value: $175,000 + GST
The work involved the demolition of an existing timber staircase, followed by the deisgn and construction of a replacement FRP staircase structure. Reinforced concrete footpaths were then constructed on the approach, with dune stabilization works also completed.
The project included:
• Design of new FRP staircase structure;
• Demolition of existing timber staircase structure;
• Bulk earthworks for new staircase footings;
• Construction of new reinforced concrete footings for a structure within the Coastal Hazard Risk Zone (this included keying the footings in to bed rock);
• Construction of a new FRP staircase structure;
• Construction of reinforced concrete footpaths;
• Coastal dune shaping and matting works to aid with erosion control; and
• Pavement construction for new limestone access track to beach.
The project was effectively managed without safety or environmental incidents. All work was completed ahead of time and to budget.