Client: Department of Finance
Construction Period: February 2021 – July 2021
Total Value: $2,000,000 + GST
This project involved the demolition of the existing jetty and installation of a new fixed jetty and floating jetties. The works also included extensive wharf maintenance.
The project included:
- Dive survey to determine if any important marine fauna needed to be relocated prior to starting work.
- Demolition of the existing jetty using barges and dive teams in a safe and controlled manner.
- Pile redesign, supply and install using specialized piling equipment.
- Pile corrosion protection including painting, HDPE sleeves, Denso wrapping and Anodes.
- Installation and welding of steel work substructure over water.
- Installation of precast concrete decking over water.
- Design, fabrication, installation and commissioning of floating jetties and gangways.
- Hydraulic and Electrical services to the new jetties including fire hydrants, fire hose reels, services pillars, lighting and air lifter control boxes.
- Significant wharf maintenance including concrete repair, blasting and painting, steel work strengthening. All completed over water and with the use of total encapsulation to prevent environmental impact.
- Installation of wave attenuation screens.
- Jetty furniture such as bollards, eyelets, handrails, light poles and service pillars.
- Working in an operational Police facility with minimal impact on Police operations.
The project was effectively managed without environmental or safety incident. All of the works were completed on time and on budget.