Construction Period: January – June 2004
Total Value: $1.33 million + GST
Approximately eight kilometres of sealed and cement stabilised roads and pathways were installed to various CALM Regional Parks along with several carparks and lookouts.
In summary the scope of work was to construct:
- Asphalt pathways around Herdsman Lake;
- Asphalt pathways around Beenyup Swamp and Lake Goollelal at Yellagonga near Wanneroo; and
- Access roads to Stathams Quarry and Boya Quarry and to install wheelstops at Woodman Point.
- Two carparks at Henderson, one on the coast and the other on the eastern side of Cockburn Road at Mt Brown complete with lookout structures.
- Pathways throughout the Beeliar National Park and provision of access roads.
Interest was raised in this project with the crafting of lookout structures one on top of Mount Brown to a stunning design featuring steel trees over a polished coloured concrete sculptured dinosaur seat and the other cantilevering out from the coastal limestone cliffs of the Henderson Foreshore featuring steel and coloured concrete components.