Construction Period: August – October 2017
Total Value: $400,000 + GST
This project involved: the upgrade of carpark #3; the installation of additional parallel parking bays; the introduction of a ring road at a drop off zone; and design and installation of lighting, all at the HBF Stadium in Mount Claremont. Advanteering were able to redesign many elements of the works to recycle the existing carpark pavement, with a cost saving to the Client and a minimized impact on the Environment.
The project included:
- Design and Construction of a new drainage system including pits and RCPs;
- Review of existing pavement design;
- Design and construction of new car park lighting;
- Removal of existing pavement, concrete elements and trees;
- Excavation and earthworks;
- New pavement construction;
- Application of over 3500m2 of 40mm thick intersection mix asphalt to new pavements and overlay areas;
- The use of thicklift asphalt in existing asphalt areas to achieve new design levels for drainage;
- Over 1000m of kerbing and 500m2 of concrete footpath with ramps and tactile indicators;
- Landscaping works – irrigation, stone pitching and mulching;
- Linemarking and signage;
- Speed humps, bollards and boom gate installation;
- Traffic management to keep the existing carpark open, including for events held at the venue.
The works had to be staged to ensure access to the HBF stadium was maintained at all times, particularly around major events at the Stadium.