Client:City of Perth
Construction Period: Feb-April 2012
Total Value: $300,000 + GST
This project involved the repair of the existing riverwall along Mounts Bay Road east of the Old Swan Brewery and the construction of a rock revetment to protect the beach at the Crawley Boat Shed. The project works generally were comprised of:
- Supply and placement of limestone capping blocks;
- Construction of toe protection to existing wall and grouting of the first three rocks;
- Mortaring of existing steps;
- Supply and placement of a geotextile;
- Supply and placement of a rock filter layer;
- Supply and placement of armour Rock;
- Supply and placement of backfill;
- Supply and installation of coir logs and stakes;
- Reconstruction of dual use bike path including associated lane marking and grade to spillways;
- Construction of spillways; and
- Construction of drainage headwalls.
This project was completed without closing the dual use bike path. The work was carried out in the environmentally sensitive area of the Swan River and to the requirements of the Swan River Trust.